The Tunguska Project is designed as a classic Point & Click Adventure with an intuitive interface. It draws its strength from the symbiosis of atmospheric graphics, logical puzzles and a gripping story. In the role of the keen Russian beauty Irina and the somewhat geeky bookworm Max, the player is taken into a world of myths and mystic, but also into real intrigues about money and power.
The kind and quality of the puzzles, of which some are only solvable in cooperation of both characters, are oriented to classics like Day of the tentacle. Atmosphere and story telling can be compared with titles like Broken Sword 1 & 2 and Runaway, whereas under presentation issues parallels are to find in Black Mirror.
- 80 highly detailed and atmospheric pre-rendered backgrounds.
- 25 cinema adequate 3D figures ("skeletal- animation").
- Real-time light and shadow effects on the 3D figures.
- Atmospheric weather effects (e.g. rain and snow).
- Cinematic full screen videos for intro and cut- scenes.
- Perspective correct integration of the 3D characters.
- Scrollable backgrounds across several screens.
- Proprietary DirectX9 Kombination Engine.
- "Facial animation for showing emotion and voice acting.